When you want a break from toast and cereal, mass produce these for easy mornings
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 pounds turkey breakfast sausage
- 12 English muffins
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
Yield: 12 sandwiches
You can cook the eggs however you want, but I find this baking approach convenient and scalable. As long as you remember to grease the pan and don't create a permanent layer of egg on the cookie sheet.
I still haven't found the ideal way to reheat these. Probably low heat in the toaster oven?
Also these freeze well.
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Whisk together the eggs and milk. Grease a cookie sheet (the kind with walls, no more than 12x16") and poor in your eggs. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide the turkey sausage into 12 portions and flatten into patties. Cook in a pan on the stove. As they're frying up, keep pressing them flatter with a spatula so they don't turn into a little ball.
- Toast your English muffins.
- When the eggs are finished, cut the sheet of egg into 12 square-ish pieces. Top each English muffin with an egg square, sausage patty, and a slice of cheese, and refrigerate until breakfast.