I have no idea where this recipe came from originally, but it's become a family staple for Christmas (which is the only time you can actually find the mint M&Ms for this).
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla axtract
- 1 10-ounce package mint chocolate chips or M&Ms
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 5 dozen
I often can't find mint chocolate chips or M&Ms at the grocery store, but places like CVS/Walgreens/Target seem to usually have them in stock around the holidays.
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, mix oil and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Slowly fold in dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips or M&Ms.
- Roll dough into small balls and drop in a bowl with the remaining 1/4 cup sugar until coated. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350°F. They will be very pale -- do not overbake!