I normally have pasta, cream cheese, and chicken on hand, and it's easy to keep frozen broccoli around to make this easy meal.
- 8 ounces pasta (any shape)
- 8 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken meat, diced
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces cream cheese
Source: Budget Bytes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
If I don't have chicken broth, milk works too.
- Boil water for pasta, then add your pasta and broccoli.
- Meanwhile, saute the chicken in a skillet with the olive oil. When it's cooked through, add the pesto and chicken broth. Stir and bring it back to a boil, then mix in the cream cheese until smooth and cook down the sauce a bit.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli once they're done and return to the pot. Add in the chicken and sauce mixture, and stir to coat.