It's healthy because there's no beef, right?
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 14.5-oz. cans chicken broth
- 4 15-oz. cans cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 4.5-oz. cans green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Yield: 10 cups
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Saute chicken, onion, and garlic in hot oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Stir in broth first, then remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.