Brownie option 2: fudgy and also made with plenty of butter. This time with a (completely not) secret ingredient: sea salt! (Trust me, it works.)
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2/3 cup flour
Source: Smitten Kitchen
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
This recipe came via Helen McCreery and has been approved by the entire SSR research group. Also works great as an offering in exchange for watering plants.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8" square baking pan.
- In a double boiler (or heatproof bowl over pot of simmering water water), melt chocolate and butter together until almost completely melted (a few bits left). Remove from heat and stir until melted and smooth. (You can also do this in bursts in the microwave).
- Whisk in the sugar, eggs (one at a time), vanilla, and salt. Stir in flour and spread into the pan. Bake 25-30 minutes, until toothpick comes out without batter on it.