This was the only way my parents ever got me to eat spinach as a kid. I think it's still the only way I eat spinach: surrounded by sausage and smothered in cheese.
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 16-ounce loaf bread dough (or a recipe of pizza dough)
- 1 10-ounce package frozen spinach
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella
- Thaw bread dough (or make pizza dough); thaw and drain spinach. Brown and drain sausage. Roll out dough on a floured surface. In the middle, put the cheese, sausage, and spinach. Roll into a loaf, and seal seams (water helps). Brush with egg white mixed with water.
- Bake, seam side down, 30-35 minutes at 350°F.