The cookbook called these "Dad's Favorite" chocolate chip cookies. But it turned out the cookbook was wrong and they were, in fact, Mom's favorite.
This is a half batch of the original recipe, but it still makes a lot of cookies.
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (1/2 pound, 2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag (about 12 ounces) chocolate chips
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Yield: 6-8 dozen cookies
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine that butter, eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Cream well. Slowly add the dry ingredients while continuing to mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Plop by the spoonful onto cookie sheets. Bake at 350ºF for 8-10 minutes. The cookies should still be fairly light in color; they'll continue to bake inside after you take them out of the oven. If you bake them too long, they will get hard.
- Remove from cookie sheet immediately and cool on wire rack.