It's way better than the Swiss Miss stuff from a packet. It's even betterer if you load it up with whipped cream.
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream or marshmallows
Yield: 6 cups
- In 3-quart saucepan, stir coca with sugar and salt until mixed.
- Stir in a small amount of milk to make a paste; stir in remainder. Over medium-low heat, heat, stirring occasionally, until tiny bubbles form around the edge.
- Remove from heat; add vanilla; heat with hand mixer until smooth and foamy, then pour cocoa into 6 mugs.
- Top with whipped cream or marshmallows and serve immediately.